HEADWAY SCHOOL FOR GIFTEDNESS accepts pupils according to their chronological age and/or grade level officially attested by the school previously attended. The school also accommodates pupils who exhibit any of the following characteristics:
- Multiple, specialized, unique interests
- Curiosity, imagination and originality in thinking
- Keen observation
- Sense of self awareness and sensitivity
- Capacity to achieve at higher than average levels
- Good memory
- Early and extensive language development
- Preference for older companions / adults
- Ability to work with numbers
- Good at jigsaw puzzles
- Extensive vocabulary
- Advanced reading skills
- Good reasoning ability
- The following steps may be initiated by parents and guardians:
- Fill out / Accomplish a Student Application Form at the HSG office.
- Interview and School visit: The school will conduct a free initial assessment to survey the child's ability and skills.This is also an opportunity for him/her to familiarize with the surroundings.
- Assessment: A psychological assessment helps identify the child’s strengths and weaknesses and addresses his/her needs and for placement purposes. (optional)
- Coordination for child’s entry to school: upon admission, the school and the family coordinate for documents to orient the child and his/her parents with the school’s program.
- Accomplished enrollment and other HSG forms.
- Developmental / Psychological / Educational Assessments (optional)
- Report Card (original and photocopy for transfer pupils)
- Progress Report / Developmental Checklist (from previous school attended)
- Birth and Baptismal Certificates (original and photocopy)
- 2 pcs. 1x1 ID picture